Chaos Duel Academy
Welcome to Duel Academy! We hope you enjoy your stay.

Chaos Duel Academy

The Forces of Light and Darkness are Strongest Together...

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Read our Academy rules and ask for a test!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is for any new CDA members
Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 pm by andyshoey

» im new here
Fri May 30, 2014 8:13 pm by andyshoey

» What is this all about?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am by steve-o

» whats happen to the people on here.
Sun May 27, 2012 9:43 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» once CDA is ready.
Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» Haxo's Room
Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am by HaxoFrax

» what the hell!!!!!!!!!
Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 am by steve-o

» 1/12/12 is not a good day
Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm by steve

» Marry X-mas!!!
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 pm by alice_k

Share | 

Twilight Deck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackwolf

PostSubject: Twilight Deck   Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:36 am

I do plan on making this deck IRL so plz tell me wat u think ( only the main deck )
deck total: 43

Lightsworns:

ryko 2x
wulf 3x
lyla 2x
garoth 1x
jain 1x
ehren 1x
lumina 1x
celestia1x
judgment dragon 3x

BLS 1x
necro gardna 2x
card trooper 2x
honest 1x
chaos sorcerer 2x
gorz 1x
Trag 2x
Plaguespreader 1x
bw-gale 1x

Spells:

Solar recharge 3x
Charge of the light brigade 1x
Pot of avarice 1x
MST 2x
heavy storm 1x
monster reborn 1x
monster reincarnation 1x
foolish burial 1x
dark hole 1x

Traps:
torrential tribute
beckoning the light 2x

Back to top Go down
slashed

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Deck   Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:38 am

I think that having three of both JD and Wulf is a bad idea. Those can be dead draws at times, so having a total of 6 dead draws is not good. In fact, your two twilight monsters can be dead draws at times... so you really have eight. I agree that all of the above are very powerful, but I don't agree with running every single one of them.

I'd say to take out at least one and swap in another Monster Reincarnation. Beckoning Light does help there, but personally I like Reincarnation better.

I am not an expert on this deck though. I am actually in agreement with Shiney... Dark World is the way to go these days. I tried this deck oh so much, but it never seemed to work.

If you can get it to work for you, then feel free to use this deck. I just found that it was never consistent enough and it had too many dead draws. I personally like running Tour Guides and Sangan to get a good Xyz stall and bait for the twilight monsters in this deck. It thins the deck a little bit too, which is always good. If all else fails, at least you milled some dark monsters.
Back to top Go down
Shiney

PostSubject: Alright...   Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:55 am

blackwolf wrote:
I do plan on making this deck IRL so plz tell me wat u think ( only the main deck )
deck total: 43

Lightsworns:

ryko 2x
wulf 3x
lyla 2x
garoth 1x
jain 1x
ehren 1x
lumina 1x
celestia1x
judgment dragon 3x

BLS 1x
necro gardna 2x
card trooper 2x
honest 1x
chaos sorcerer 2x
gorz 1x
Trag 2x
Plaguespreader 1x
bw-gale 1x

Spells:

Solar recharge 3x
Charge of the light brigade 1x
Pot of avarice 1x
MST 2x
heavy storm 1x
monster reborn 1x
monster reincarnation 1x
foolish burial 1x
dark hole 1x

Traps:
torrential tribute
beckoning the light 2x

Ok...twilight has ALWAYS hated me, so I don't know if what I say has any value considering I run almost pure lightsworn, with BLS thrown in when it became unbanned xD But basically, any trap card is automatic dead mill (from experience) you bill torrential and you're just 'FML' that could have been a milled monster that could use its effect from the grave. If you're going competative I recommend Zephyros. In hand he's a little female dog, but if you mill him he's great for saveing you from over-mill or just for plain xyz. if you want to keep torrential then perhaps trade himf or gale, get the dark tech and his effect is useful from the grave and not just dead weight when milled.

Again, it depends on your play style, but any card that has little aid to help retrieve from the grave, draw from the deck, or work from the grave, can be serious dead weight when milled. Although staples are just fantastic, they should be limited. Heavy Storm, Monster Reobrn and Dark Hole, personal recommendation pick your poison, but don't run all three. Monster reborn gives you a monster, if your focus is spam, run it, leave the other two. If you want to protection and fear backrow, run Heavy storm. If you hate decks that are faster, run dark hole. The choice is yours, or if you want run two, but all three are just dead weight...though this is personal experience. If you draw them consistency perahps your luck just differs from my own. You could easily replace both staples with another LS, a useful graveyard monster, keeping Gale, glow-up if you can afford it, etc. You can side them if you want (which I recommend always side destruction cards to protect against anti-meta) all three in deck just take up to much room.

MST are the same...dead weight if thrown into the grave, but if you draw them certainly worth protection...basically when working with staples, you want to focus on what you want for the deck. LS are about speed, they need to get as much crap into the grave as possible and retrieve what's necessary to save your sorry ass before you deck out or lose all your life points xD From what I know Twilight has a bit more flexability...if you want consistency, limit the staples, if you want speed, stick to one strategy for what you want your staples to accomplish, though they still can be deadweight when milled (basically weigh out the once in a while plus for the cosntant minuses they may offer when milled).

Pot of Avarice is a contraversial card. You run twiglight so again, your deck is a bit different where LS NEED the grave, to leave is to die...but Twilight has more resources and could return dark monsters and maybe copy LS cards to draw two...just play around with it I guess and decide if it's a poison or a boo-boo fixer o3o

JD at three is fine...in pure. This is Twilight, run perhaps two, and add another dark monster. Three wulf is suicide, I'd recommend perhaps another Jain or Chaos sorcerer I suppose. I dunno, whatever may help Twilight more, but three wull is to much.

Lastly...that I can see from quick glance...is Ryko at two. The game is fast, very very fast. Remember that, Ryko takes a whole turn just to set up...mill him, you get a name, mill two, its a waste of a mill. Get him in hand, your opponent will probably destroy him the second you set a monster because they understand the dangers in an LS deck. You get only so much from a turn, why waste it setting a mosnter that may not last to use its effect? I'd recommend him at one...but again, it depends what you're going for. Twilight is different, I'm thinking speed but Twilight may be more flexible, enough so that you can run two...I don't know. Just be weary and watch out for him.

That's all I got on short notice o3o....Hope I helped at all o3o
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1373858/elementelmaster or DuelingNe
slashed

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Deck   Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:11 am

Why thank you, Shiney, you went into detail when I could not. I knew the problem but did not word my solution perfectly like you did.

My advice, blackwolf, is to try his suggestions, but do not think he is a god at this type of deck. Everybody has their preferences and experiences, but it's up to you to decide what you want in the end. I think that your deck needs some work for sure, but I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. You say that it is Twilight though, so I think you should drop one JD and one Wulf for sure, but as for the rest, I don't know. It all comes down to preference and skill. If you know your deck well, you will know what works and what doesn't. I recommend testing a deck online before buying it. It is always fun to just buy, buy, buy, but you will regret it later when you've wasted all your money on cards that are of no use to you.

So you have the advice of two people now. I hope this deck works out well for you. It never did for me, but I was trying to approach Lightsworns as if they were a normal deck. They are not though. They are their own type of Yu-Gi-Oh and must be treated differently. It takes a ton of knowledge and skill to be successful with this deck, but with dedication, it can be done. I wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Shiney

PostSubject: Sad;u   Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:18 am

Sadly...Twilight and Lightsworn are their own beasts, as stated. I honestly believe, at best, the two will only be 1.5, never capable of clawing their way to the kings seat (unless returned to Lumina at 3, Charge at 3, Honest at 3 which will never happen xD). Unless that miracle format occurs, this deck will always be randomized. To play this deck...as said you do need skill, knowlege of the game and strong, very strong, luck xD That's what makes it so self destructive, unlucky mills are the death of you^^;

From what I see you have two of three set down (at least I 'd hope so considering you're a tester xD). With that being said I hope Twilight goes well for you :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1373858/elementelmaster or DuelingNe
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twilight Deck   

Back to top Go down

Twilight Deck
Page 1 of 1