Chaos Duel Academy
Welcome to Duel Academy! We hope you enjoy your stay.

Chaos Duel Academy

The Forces of Light and Darkness are Strongest Together...

HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Read our Academy rules and ask for a test!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is for any new CDA members
Fri May 30, 2014 8:15 pm by andyshoey

» im new here
Fri May 30, 2014 8:13 pm by andyshoey

» What is this all about?
Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am by steve-o

» whats happen to the people on here.
Sun May 27, 2012 9:43 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» once CDA is ready.
Sun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» Haxo's Room
Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am by HaxoFrax

» what the hell!!!!!!!!!
Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 am by steve-o

» 1/12/12 is not a good day
Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm by steve

» Marry X-mas!!!
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 pm by alice_k

Share | 

the testing thing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alice_k

PostSubject: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:09 pm

i was thinking since we are lacking staff mainly testers we need to change something, i was thinking that instead of having everyone test when they get here we start all new members who make an intro as slifer red, and for them to test and to rank up or stay were they're at they would need 20-30 post(just to prove if they are active) and hopefully that will slow things down for the testers, we can't have 1-2 testers tryin to test 20 people its not going to work.

so tell me what you think ^-^
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:43 pm

dont think that would work, with some player's skill they should not even be considered going into red
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 pm

plus not many need testing
Back to top Go down
alice_k

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:11 pm

well as for that there skill in this way of testing is a part of it, and activity is the other and they will get tested as soon as they meet the requirements(20-30 post) for the test.
and plz don't double post
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:19 pm

well i like the way it is now, lets us see how much they are able to do, and see how high of a dorm they can get, shiney was 4 points away from core black, and whats wrong with double posting
Back to top Go down
alice_k

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:25 pm

its against the rules of the academy, you can just edit your post. thanks for replying if you have any questions just ask just in case i did not make anything clear.
Back to top Go down
slashed

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 pm

Well, look at you being a staff member with authority ^^
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:55 pm

ok double post isnt against any rules
Back to top Go down
alice_k

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 pm

blackwolf wrote:
ok double post isnt against any rules
4. Double posting within 24 hours is not allowed. Only admins and moderators are allowed to double post.
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:06 pm

dude calm down, there is nothing wrong with double posting, and just so u know, i've been on CDA longer than u have
Back to top Go down
slashed

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 pm

Double posting is a problem, but you are correct blackwolf. You have been here for longer. She's new but is on staff because she's a jerk who enforces rules. All staffs need somebody like that.

You need to test more people, blackwolf. Just click the Members list and see all the gray people. They all need tests.

I'm not choosing sides here. I once wanted to be a tester, and I would have been, but somebody removed my "tester" status. I don't really care though. To be honest, I don't see the point of this forum. We all get on and argue, make a scene, and leave. Then we come back later to argue more.

Why even have a duel academy? Why even bother joining or getting tested? Why move up in the ranks? What's the point??? I just don't get it. I once had a drive to duel people in my dorm and more up and all kinds of stuff, but I've since stopped caring. Nobody ever duels anybody here, so nobody ever earns any points. And with the points we get to use other people's deck lists to be a copycat. I don't have much skills at deck creating, but I don't want to take somebody's list. A deck is only as good as the person using it. The creator knows exactly how his or her creation works. A copycat just can't ever know the deck as well because copycats don't actually read through and consider every card for a deck and (in the process) learn the deck well.

So the point earning never happens, but it wouldn't matter anyway. I'm not asking to get banned, but I am saying this site is kinda pointless. I come here because I'm bored. I should probably do something entertaining though. This just kills time.
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:42 pm

that is true, not a lot of active things r going on rioght now, and i
ve been posting posts saying that if ppl need testing them to let me know by PM me on here or on DN
Back to top Go down
alice_k

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 pm

@blackwolf I'm just telling you the rules, it's my job to enforce them no matter how big or small the rule is, and i have yet to see what you being here longer has to do with that. I don't see why you are arguing with me over a double post, so if you could not double post anymore that would be cool ^_^

@slashed i don't think I'm a jerk D:
well the main purpose of this forum is for fun, so people can get together have fun talk and things like that. It seems like you might be at the point where all duelist will get to, when they don't think the games is as fun as it used to be, but i'm sure it will subside i hope you will continue with this forums you are a valued member.

this is why i propose a new testing system so blackwolf get get more ppl tested we don't want to overflow him with work, and i think it will help activity in the forums. once we get some events up and topics it will get better

also lets get back on topic =3
Back to top Go down
blackwolf

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 pm

wel i wasnt trying to fight with u on it, sry if i offended u i'm sry

anyways, i dont like ur idea on it, everyone starting out as red, i've tested most of the ppl on CDA, and there is only like 1 0r 2 ppl in red, everyone else has skills to not be in red, which there skills, should go into the right dorm for them, but i dont thank u for giving an idea
Back to top Go down
alice_k

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:36 pm

i see your worried that good duelist wont be in a dorm there skill deserves, am i right?

well my answer to that is they will prove they deserve to be at that higher rank once they meet requirements to be of a higher rank, its great that your a blue but what good does that do if your not active? i'm with this rank up system only the most active member would be able to get to blue, and not random people who just get the test and leave also people who are already tested will keep there rank i did not put that up i'm the first post

and don't worry i wasn't offended ^_^
Back to top Go down
slashed

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:47 pm

Well, Alice, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Every forum needs somebody who will enforce rules, rather than be lax about it all.

I think so too. I can no longer duel in real life because of schedule issues. Thus, I resolve to dueling online occasionally, but I'm not online often enough to get much done. I think Yu-Gi-Oh is supposed to be fun, but I've gotten to the point where I can't have much fun anymore. It's sad and I hate it. Growing up is not a good thing. I'm 18; a legal adult. Maybe I'm getting to old for this children's card game. I do like it though, and I duel when I can... I get on here sometimes too. It will only go downhill from here though, so just enjoy my proper grammar while you can.

I agree. People need testing and nobody is testing them. What blackwolf should really do is send a PM to every member who may need a test, but that would take far too long and too much effort. One person should not be responsible for it all. Shiney is a tester now too, but I'm responsible for that. He never stated that he wanted to be one, but he is definitely skilled enough to be one. Your ideas are all very good, and seeing as you are an admin, you have some authority over it. I am but an Obelisk Blue, despite the fact that I contribute more [posts] than any of the admins. I'm not saying that I want to be an admin, but I am saying that the admins here are not online often enough to make any real use of this site.

If there are a million more inactive people, the site will remain a failure. It's not quantity; it is quality that matters. Get some active members, if only a few, and they will help generate a successful site. People want to feel in belong and welcome, not alienated when they join. People need to feel a desire to come here and a sense of belonging. I think your testing idea is good. People should automatically get accepted into a low class and be active for about a week and then be tested. I don't think it should be by a number of posts though. That encourages spam.

So the testing system needs to be better, but I don't know exactly what changes need to be made. This site seems doomed to me, but if something changes, maybe it can progress and become a nice place for people to go to.

Anyway, good luck, Alice K. You have what it takes to be head admin if you ask me. You are dedicated and active, and you have great ideas and a will for the success of the site. I would declare you head admin if I could. I told steve-o to give you an admin position, but he didn't give you full authority. Anyway, good luck with this site. You can make it work... I have faith in you.
Back to top Go down
Momiji_Sohma
Admin

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 pm

testing status appointed
Back to top Go down
http://chaosduelacademy.forumotion.com
slashed

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Well thank you. I'll get to testing people as soon as possible!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the testing thing   

Back to top Go down

the testing thing
Page 1 of 1