Chaos Duel Academy
Welcome to Duel Academy! We hope you enjoy your stay.
Chaos Duel Academy
Welcome to Duel Academy! We hope you enjoy your stay.
Chaos Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Duel Academy

The Forces of Light and Darkness are Strongest Together...

Latest imagesHomePortalRegisterLog in
Read our Academy rules and ask for a test!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» this is for any new CDA members
Plans For Academy EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:15 pm by andyshoey

» im new here
Plans For Academy EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:13 pm by andyshoey

» What is this all about?
Plans For Academy EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 am by steve-o

» whats happen to the people on here.
Plans For Academy EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:43 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» once CDA is ready.
Plans For Academy EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:42 pm by Momiji_Sohma

» Haxo's Room
Plans For Academy EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 am by HaxoFrax

» what the hell!!!!!!!!!
Plans For Academy EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 am by steve-o

» 1/12/12 is not a good day
Plans For Academy EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:33 pm by steve

» Marry X-mas!!!
Plans For Academy EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 7:57 pm by alice_k

Plans For Academy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Momiji_Sohma
Admin
Momiji_Sohma

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Over the span of 2012, I will be designing and constructing a new academy. I should be finished sometime in mid-June. I will then post the link to the new academy and delete this site in 6 weeks after the link is posted. until then we will conduct normal activity on this site as usual. When the new site is aired I will be a lot less busy and, therefore, will be able to help it as much as I can. Can't wait to get started everyone ^^
Back to top Go down
https://chaosduelacademy.forumotion.com
slashed

slashed

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

If this site is going to get deleted, then what will happen with all of our members here? Will they be transferred to the new site in the same dorms as they are currently in? And what about the points that all of us have and the deck lists we're selling for points?

Also, if everybody gets tested and placed in a dorm, then why would we need a new site? I understand that this one is not working out as well as it could. I think that the layout could possibly be changed. Maybe the design too, but I don't know really. I do know that all of the members would have to be transferred to the new site. I don't think everybody would be happy with that.

No offense, Momiji_Sohma... I know you made this academy and feel like you should just be able to get rid of it and we will all blindly follow, but that's not the way it works. We're not your followers. We are all individuals here. I am thankful that you've appointed me as a tester again, but why should I bother testing people for a site that is just going to be deleted later? I don't want to waste my time like that. I think that you should just redesign this site and keep it running. If you are busy right now, give alice_k an admin position. She has good ideas and will run this site well while you are away.

To sum that all up, this site is where we all are right now and want to stay. Nobody wants to start completely over on a new site except you. I will gladly test members if these people can actually stay in the dorms they get put in, but if there will be a new academy, then there's no point in anybody using this site anymore. Just keep this one. It's already successful, so why start over for no reason? If you want to redesign, then redesign this one.
Back to top Go down
alice_k

alice_k

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 am

so should i hold off making any suggestions until the new academy
Back to top Go down
slashed

slashed

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

I think you should give your ideas now... I'm curious.

And what are your thoughts, alice_k? New academy or old? I realize there are tons of inactive members, so maybe a new site will clear out inactive, leaving only active. We can test those who visit the new site using the March 2012 ban lists and see what dorm they belong in. I assume that the new site will take at least three months to make.

So I change my mind I guess. I took a good look at the member list and realized how terrible it is. The ones who are not in a dorm, the inactive members (even Harbinger has been inactive since October), the lack of members showing up... Nobody even wants to come here, and why should they? I don't want to come here, and I was even arguing to keep the site alive.

So yeah, go ahead and make the new site, Momiji_Sohma. The ones who are really interested will go to the new site and those who aren't interested will not join. I think that on the new site, alice_k should replace Harbinger as an admin. I don't think Harbinger will ever come back, and if he does, it will simply be a quick glance at the site. I think steve-o is a decent admin, and you are a good admin when you're here, Momiji. The testers should be blackwolf (obviously), Shiney (if he still wants to), and I (because I want to).

I think that I should retain my Obelisk Blue status (I'm a tester, but still) and so should any other member from this site who switches to the new one. All new members will be tested quickly and placed in a dorm. The quicker that people feel a sense of belonging, the likelier it is that they will stay and contribute. If the people are happy here, they will come back.

So, Alice... feel free to speak your mind like I have.
Back to top Go down
alice_k

alice_k

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:30 pm

i think it might be what the academy needed so i have no objections
Back to top Go down
slashed

slashed

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:46 pm

I think so too, but to be honest, I don't think the site will ever amount to anything, no matter how many restarts it gets. People just don't care enough. It's worth a try though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plans For Academy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans For Academy   Plans For Academy Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans For Academy
Page 1 of 1